• Are you an investor in the capital markets?
• You may have the potential and interest in investing in the capital markets, but are you ready to unlock that potential?
• Do you want to test your knowledge on how to create wealth through the capital markets?
Participate in the Capital Markets Authority National Trivia competition. The competition is open from October 6th, 2014 to November 17th, 2014. Simply register to enter the competition, answer at least one question to be eligible for a prize and send your responses to SMS CODE 20727 and WIN!
The competition is open to the general public who are either investors or interested in investing in the capital markets. The Youth in general (including university students) are particularly encouraged to participate.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions apply to the Capital Markets National Trivia Competition (‘the Competition’) and by participating in the competition you are deemed to have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions:
a) Competition Period and Eligibility
• The competition is open to the general public who are either investors or interested in investing in the capital markets;
• All entries must be via mobile phone by subscribers who are duly registered in Kenya and subscribe for this competition. The Competition is not open to Capital Markets Authority staff, their family members and relatives;
• The Competition will run from October 6th, 2014 to November 17th, 2014.
b) Competition Entry
• To participate in the competition subscribe to the short code 20727;
• Once you make a successful registration you will receive a notification via SMS indicating your successful entry into competition;
• Answer at least one question by sending your response to 20727;
• Participants can answer the questions as many times as they wish to increase chances of winning (note that participants will incur a cost per SMS entry at applicable rates of their mobile phone service provider); there will be no extra charges above text message cost charged by service providers
• Only participants who answer at least one question will be eligible for a prize.
c) Selection of Winners
The drawings, which will be randomly selected by computer from a pool of correct respondents, will be held daily on Monday to Friday at 6pm beginning on October 6th, 2014 and ending on November 17th, 2014.
d) Fabulous prizes to be won
The following are the prizes to be won:
• Grand final award of Kshs. 200,000.00 to be exclusively applied to buy shares in companies listed at the Nairobi Securities Exchange;
• First runners-up of Kshs. 100,000.00 to be exclusively applied to buy shares in companies listed at the Nairobi Securities Exchange;
• Second runners-up of Kshs. 50,000.00 to be exclusively applied to buy shares in companies listed at the Nairobi Securities Exchange;
• Consolation awards of Kshs. 10,000.00 to be exclusively applied to buy shares in companies listed at the Nairobi Securities Exchange every weekday to run for 30 working days (total of 6 calendar weeks). Winners will be notified by phone each evening after the draw;
• The three grand prize winners will be invited to the Authority to receive their prizes. The grand prize winners alongside the daily winners names will appear in the final closing advert in a national newspaper.
• The final draw will be held on Wednesday 19th November 2014.
e) Notification of Winners
• Winners will be notified by the Capital Markets Authority only through the phone number 0706677864. The Authority will make call attempts every ten (10) minutes over one (1) hour period in order to contact the winner;
• If a winner does not answer any of the call attempts within the prescribed period and identify him/herself they will be deemed to have forfeited the chance of winning the prize;
• All prizes must be claimed within 2 months from the date of notifications;
• Prizes not claimed within 2 months will be forfeited.
f) Other Terms
• Half of the prize must be held in shares for a period of at least one year;
• Capital Markets Authority reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or withdraw any prize awarded to such entrant for tampering with the entry process including, but not limited to: Canvasing or submitting an entry which is not in accordance with the terms and conditions of the competition;
• The prizes are non-transferable and no cash or other alternatives shall be offered;
• No premium will be charged by the Authority for the SMS;
CAUTION: Capital Markets Authority does not require subscribers, to send airtime or money or other consideration in order to award any competition prizes and will not be liable for any losses or other damage incurred by any Entrant/participant who does not heed this caution.