When you love a girl, sometimes it is best just to tell her, even if you are not sure if the feeling is mutual. It’s best if you do, and not hold back for too long, or she might start thinking differently about your feelings toward her.
1.Realize that even if this girl doesn’t love you, you need to know. It is a relief just to get this off your chest. And it is always better to know than not.
2.Have the courage to follow your heart. If you have feelings for her, knowing how she feels is more important than fear. Remember that you get in life what you have the courage to ask for.
3.Choose the right time and place. This means approaching her when you are going to be able to talk to her in relative privacy and things aren’t going to be rushed. For example, don’t run up to her when all her friends are around in between lecture changes or moving from one class to another. She’ll be rushed and feel put on the spot. Choose a quiet time when she’s alone and the two of you can feel at ease.
4.Don’t make a big production of it. Just give it to her straight. Profess your interest in her without telling her you love her; give the girl a chance to like you first!
- Go easy on her. Telling her you love her can be really overwhelming and is best left out. It could signal to her that you’re immature or even stalker-ish.
- Tell her you fancy or like her, or that you’re keen to get to know her better. These are more reasonable ways of expressing your interest than jumping in with the love talk.
- Be wary––if you do say you’re falling in love with her and she is insecure, you might be in for a relationship in which you become responsible for her happiness. This is another reason for taking it slowly with the love words; be sure she is secure within herself first.
- “I love you” is a statement, not a question. Don’t expect an answer, because it doesn’t qualify as a question.
5.Take it easy. If she says “no”, don’t get angry with her. Respect her reaction. If she doesn’t love you back, your life isn’t over; it may hurt, but that’s how she feels. You cannot force someone to like or love you. Love is something that happens, it cannot be planned or drummed up on cue.
- If you do think that there might be a chance at some later point, be cool and relaxed about it. Don’t become a stalker or make assumptions about your future together. If you think you can change her mind, be mindful of her reasons and her wishes; if she has made it absolutely clear she’s not interested, cease the dreaming and move on. Respect her choice.
6.Whatever her response, congratulate yourself on having the courage to ask.You are now aware of her feelings and your life can go on.
7.If you are dating her now, make sure that you are sure you are ready for the emotional roller coaster of developing your love. There are highs and there are lows. If you really love someone, you will respect them, care for them, and be there for the good and the bad.Are you ready for that?