Whatsapp has become the in thing after guys got fed up with Fb (FYI, Fb is nowadays used for posting selfies). A minute can’t pass before you receive a notification especially if you are in a WhatsApp group. I’m sure you were there a few minutes ago or you’ll most definitely check it as soon as you are done reading this story.
Now, as you exchange texts, forward images or more so just tease each other with non-sense talks, have you ever asked yourself if REALLY you are a WhatsApp addict? Then if not, check out these 10 Signs Of WhatsApp Addiction:
1. If you cannot resist the urge to pick up your phone and check the message each time your WhatsApp rings, you certainly are addicted to it, so much so that even if you are sitting in middle of something really important, you would make a point to check the new message first.
2. If WhatsApp is the first thing on your mind in the morning after you wake up and at night before you sleep, then you are definitely a buff!
3. Checking ‘last online’ of friends in your contact list its as if you have nothing else to do. You are the kind of guy that likes ‘disturbing’ your pals as soon as the bar reads ‘online’. Why bother checking anyway?
4. Frequently checking your friends’ profile pictures is nothing but a clear indication of you being intrusive about your friends and their fancy lives, which is reflected through their display pictures.
5. Changing your status and display pictures on WhatsApp almost every second day is a clear sign that you are addicted and cannot survive without it. I mean, its not bad doing it only that you seem to be exaggerating a lil’ bit too much.
6. You are a WhatsApp freak if you have a habit of checking your phone frequently after you have sent someone a message and haven’t received a reply from them for a few minutes. Don’t you know that patience pays off and mind you that person might be as well be busy!
7. If you are the kind of fellow who conventionally forwards all those texts, pictures or videos (even if they don’t make sense at all) then consider yourself a WhatsApp maniac. After all you are just wasting your bundles broadcasting those texts to friends who don’t need them.
8. Keeping a tab on everyone’s status updates on WhatsApp is another indication that you have all the time in the world to know what is happening in others lives and what is going on in their mind. Kwani you don’t have your own life?? Then stick to it!
9. If you pick up fights or arguments with your friends for a reason that despite being online on WhatsApp, they didn’t respond to your message or didn’t ping you, clearly you have given your life to it. Understand it only leads to more confusion and misunderstanding.
10. If you reply to a WhatsApp message as soon as you receive it, whether you are raving, sleeping, in the loo or traveling, it clearly shows you are addicted to the medium. Even if that means disturbing your sleep or taking the risk when walking on the road the urge to reply is simply inevitable.
By David Ng’ang’a