A 17 year old 404 from Longewan Secondary School has died after students broke into their lab and drank methanol.

Apparently the students diluted the toxic substance with soda hoping to reduce the effects and enjoy ‘the drink’

 

“Eight students, five boys and three girls took the chemical. Some took it dry while others diluted it with soda,”

said Samburu Central OCPD Abagoro Guyo.

According to Rajab Saddam, a doctor at Samburu County Referral Hospital in Maralal town, the other victim who is was among the eight students is still alive and fighting for her life.

“She cannot talk or open her eyes but her sleeping position shows she has severe abdominal pains,”

One dead, another in hospital after students break into lab for a 'drink'

He said six out of the eight students were treated and discharged.

Source-The Star