Oh boys, we love you, but we also hate you. WHY DOES IT TAKE YOU THREE HOURS TO REPLY TO MY TEXT? Honestly, I think the main issue that couples face these days, is texting each other back. Sometimes I won’t text you back for an hour, and that’s OK, we’re both busy. But, when you take three days to reply to my cute AF text, well, I start to go a little bit insane. Here’s why texting guys is just the worst.
1. Sometimes you say something cheeky, and until he texts back you stare at your phone thinking “why did I do that?”
2. Boys have no concept of time. Three minutes, or three hours? Boys have no idea.
3. Not being able to sleep at night waiting for a reply, when in reality he is fast asleep himself. Selfish.
4. We always wait for a cute morning text like “Wake up beautiful :)”, but alas, it never comes.
5. My sarcasm doesn’t translate to texting, so sometimes I sound ridiculously mean, and obviously he doesn’t get it.
6. Generally, waiting for a response is complete agony. Man, don’t text me unless you have time to text me back.
7. We have too much time to think about what we want to say. I’ll sometimes spend 15 minutes trying to craft the perfect text message.
8. Sometimes, if he takes 20 minutes to text back, I have to leave my phone in the other room to stop myself from replying too quickly.
9. Now on Facebook and Whatsapp we can see when they’ve “seen” our messages. WHO WOULD CREATE SUCH AN EVIL THING?
10. Emojis. Boys don’t understand how much we analyse the emojis that they send us. OMG he’s falling in love with me…
11. The ability to re-read conversations. And re-read, and analyse, and re-read again. Texting is any over-thinkers worst nightmare.
12. When they text someone else in front of you. There’s nothing worse than when your guy is texting and smiling at his phone in front of you.
13. Personalities don’t translate well to text; for some reason when I’m texting I just come across as a needy, co-dependent idiot.
14. I hate when they don’t have time to text you back, but they have plenty of time for sharing stupid football videos on Facebook.
15. When you text them a long, heart wrenching story… And they reply with an emoji.
16. Guys sometimes seem like one person when you’re talking to them, and someone completely different when you’re texting.
17. (…) The dots that appear when someone is typing back. Again, complete agony. Text faster!!!
18. I feel I must include this twice because it’s honestly soul shattering. WAITING FOR A REPLY.
Someone needs to tell the men of the world that they need to text us back faster, or else